Ration Card is document which is issued by the state government. Through ration card people get food grains, fuel and other daily usage material at subsidized rate. This document is issued to those people who are living below poverty line and rural area. It is also work as a identity cards for address proof and proof of identity before the Aadhar Card, Passport and PAN Card.
Indian government is still giving subsidy in many things to low income people so that they get product at cheaper rate due to that ration card is still valid across the India.
As we all know that aadhar card, pan card and passport, these identity cards are converted as digital card so people can apply, change, update and download without going any government offices. Ration card is still maintained and distributed manually which is huge source of many corruption and black money. All state government machinery and local leaders are involved in the corruption of Ration Card distribution which creates huge loss of state government and central government.
Government wants to stop this leakage through adding each ration card with aadhar card. Aadhar card is unique identification number to each individual which can help in fighting ration card corruption. Government has also begun aadhar card linking with PAN card so that they can tackle financial status of all ration card holders, aadhar holders and PAN holders.
Reason behind Linking Aadhar Card with Ration Card
India system has no centralized control which leads to make corruption easy and suitable to those people who are sitting in government post. There are many lacks of family who holds multiple ration cards and getting subsides of many ration cards. There are many families who are ineligible for ration card but they are holding. These things created huge amount of pressure to government finance which need to correct if we all want become a great nation.
Aadhar Card Linking with Ration Card by Online and Offline
Government has notified that all ration cards will link with aadhar if you want to continue validity of ration card. If you have ration card then you should link aadhar card with ration card by online or offline. Aadhar and Ration card online as well as offline linking process are given in below section.
Aadhar Card Link to Ration Card Online
People feels easy and secure to do online link process with aadhar card and ration card. The state department of ration card has created online platform through which you can link your aadhar card. You can also link your aadhar card through UIDAI website.
Steps to Link Aadhar Card with Ration Card
- You must visit aadhar seeding website and click “Start Now” or Click on This Link
- You should enter full details of your address like state, district, village
- Select the option”Ration Card” which is showing on drop down list
- Choose the government scheme name “Ration Card”
- You will get new window in which you should Provide ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address and mobile number.
- Now verify OTP number as you have entered mobile in your application form, you must take care that mobile number will be match with your aadhar details if not then change aadhar mobile number.
- Verify OTP which you have got in your mobile number.
- After that click on link button which will start your linking process and a notification will appear if the linking process is completed. It shows that” your Aadhar card has been linked to your ration card”.
Aadhar Card Linking with Ration Card Offline
Follow the following steps if you want to link your aadhar card with ration card offline so steps are:-
- Keep photo copy of aadhar card of all family member and ration card photocopy
- Now you should have a passport sized photocopy of head of family member
- Submit all these document in ration card offices after that wait few days
- If the document will received by relevant department then it will send you a SMS as well as mail
- The respective authority will inform you bay SMS or you can ask from ration card officer if your linking process has been completed then it will give you a proper answer.