Yes, you have right to change aadhar card mobile number whenever you want to change that. There are three methods available in public domain to change aadhar card mobile number. As you know that aadhar card is how much important for everyone who are living in India. Aadhar is 12 digit numbers which represent your proof of address, proof of identity, proof of DOB and all other proof. You must provide valid mobile number If you are going to apply for new aadhar card. If you all ready hold aadhar card then you should update in case you lost your mobile number.
People change mobile number without thinking any pros and cons which create lot of problem in future like get trouble in aadhar card linking with Ration Card, LPG Subsides, Problem in PAN and Bank Accounts Linking and many others. You have only one option to correct these things and that is change mobile number in aadhar card online or offline.
Three ways to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online
UIDAI has given freedom to change aadhar card mobile number in three ways so that they can cover all type of users. You have right to choose any of these method as per your comfort.
- Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online
- Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number Offline
- Change Aadhar Mobile Number with aadhar kendra
These are the three major methods available for mobile number update in aadhar card and detailed procedure are discussed in below section.
Change/Update Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online
Online process is one of easiest process to update mobile number in aadhar card. But it is possible for those people who have knowledge in computer as well as internet. You need not to give any bribe to any one for online process and it is free of cost. Detailed steps are given in below section.
- Everyone must be on official website of aadhar card or you should click on this link
- Now you are seeking a full UIDAI service kiosk where all types of online works link are given
- You should click on update/change mobile number link
- In this page, you have an application form in which you should enter all verification detail like aadhar card or enrolment number
- After that fill the security code or captcha to move next step
- Finally you will get a page that is called aadhar seeding options
- In that page, click on update mobile number’s option and enter name, address and mobile
- After that submit the application form by verifying OTP through the update mobile number
- You will get URN number through which you have to check current status of Updated aadhar card
Update/Change Mobile Number in Case You Lost Mobile Number
Every day lot of people lost their mobile due to many reasons like in accidents, in bus theft or theft by people in travelling. In these cases, people not able to get OTP so they want another way to change aadhar card and that is offline method of changing aadhar card mobile number. So in this section we will discuss about offline method.
- First you must download aadhar card correction application form from UIDAI website
- Fill all details like address, DoB and new mobile number with proper document proof of aadhar card
- After that keep all documents in envelope and send to registered office of UIDAI
- Registered office of UIDAI is “Government of India 3rd Floor,Tower II, Jeevan Bharati Building,Connaught Circus, New Delhi – 110001 Phone : 011-23466899”
- Wait few days for process and you will receive updated aadhar card on your mobile number.
- After that you should verify your mobile number for confirmation of updated mobile number.
Change Aadhar Mobile Number through Aadhar Kendra
If you don’t want to online as well as offline process then you must visit nearest aadhar Kendra with proper documents. They will do all work without taking any aadhar service charges and gave on URN number which will help in checking current status of aadhar card .
Aadhar mobile update possible when you have enrolment Id or aadhar card if you not have both documents then it is impossible to change mobile number or any other information.